A green resort featuring luxury Eco-camping. Your friends will be green with envy.
(Photo courtesy www.pawsup.com)
The Resort at Paws Up, located only 35 miles from Missoula, offers 120 miles of hiking trails across 37,000 acres of meadows, forest and the Blackfoot River.
In addition to lodge-style buildings built predominantly from reclaimed dead logs, the resort features tent canvas-walled built using “leave-no-trace” construction techniques. Inside some of the units, however, you will find unparalleled eco-luxury with traditional home-style furnishings including plush rugs, king size feather beds and a private bathrooms warmed by heated floors. Nearby activities include horseback riding, hiking, fly-fishing, kayaking and mountain biking.
Above and Below: Creekside Camp features a group campfire and
extravagant dining pavilion for ultimate comfort in the woods.
Above: The interior of a Creekside Camp “Tent Cabin”
At the Resort at Paws Up, every day is an adventure. After an active day of guided tours including horseback riding or river rafting, or self-guided activities at the Ranch or nearby attractions, hang out by the campfire for s’mores or have refreshments delivered to your door. Couples seeking a romantic getaway will appreciate the honeymoon suite. As detailed below, the Resort at Paws Up is also a “green resort” and has implemented environmentally conscious initiatives to protect the environment through its “iPreserve” program. Plus, the on-site spa offers traditional spa services and, in support of its iPreserve program, features natural, organic EO line of products and other environmentally friendly and natural products. Yoga classes are offered on-site and the resort has a separate Fitness Cabin and fitness trails for the fitness enthusiasts.
Above: Horseback riding is one of many guided tours at
The Resort at Paws Up.
Above: Guided Flyfishing, too!
Photos courtesy of www.pawsup.com
GREEN INITIATIVES. The Resort at Paws Up is a strong advocate for protecting the environment. They have gone out of their way to implement eco-friendly practices and leave a minimal footprint on the Earth. Their green initiatives include the following.
- Available safari-style tented guest accommodations that promote “leave-no-trace construction at camps”
- Energy Efficiency – Lighting and energy star appliances
- Water conservation – voluntary re-use of linens
- All guests receive a refillable/reusable Paws Up water bottle to reduce consumption of plastics
- Catch-and-release only fishing
- Sustainable products in Paws Up General Store
- Organic in-room bath products
- Employee transportation program including a shuttle bus service and carpool reimbursement
- The providing of on-property and nearby staff housing to reduce commuting times
- Xeriscape landscaping throughout the Resort (landscaping that reduces or eliminates the need for supplemental water from irrigation)
- Re-use of existing ranch buildings into Resort facilities (Bunk House, Bull Barn, Cook Shack, Grain Shed, Reception Barn)
- Eco-friendly 7th Generation cleaning products for all homes
- Development of the Bad Beetle brand. A company that converts deadfall trees killed by the North American Mountain Pine Beetle into wooden sustainable Apple accessories
- Development of the Greeno brand. A company that converts deadfall trees killed by the North American Mountain Pine Beetle into sustainable flooring
- Paws Up’s Bull Barn conference center and a Meadow Home have extensively used deadfall trees killed by the North American Mountain Pine Beetle for both flooring and paneling.
What do you love most about The Resort at Paws Up? Do you have any suggestions for our other members seeking allergy friendly destinations or amenities? Sign in and leave your comment or rate The Resort at Paws Up below. If you’re ready to plan your trip to The Resort at Paws Up, you can find great rates on TripAdvisor and Expedia.