Experience the health and calming benefits of aromatherapy in the shower with a self-dissolving aromatherapy diffuser for the shower.
After several failed attempts to create an effective aromatherapy diffuser for the shower that didn’t require a messy cleanup, we came up with this solution.
It’s very simple, yet the ingredients dissolve naturally under the shower spray and it’s practically self-cleaning. However, you can also add more essential oils and hang the diffuser away from the water for a long lasting fragrance.
- ¼ cup Sea Salt or Epsom Salts (or an amount that fits your diffuser)
- Large Tea Diffuser with mesh top, sides and bottom. See notes.
- Essential Oils of Choice (we used peppermint, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus)
- In a small bowl, combine sea salt with essential oils. We used about 15 drops of Eucalyptus and 10 drops each of Peppermint and Tea Tree for a pretty strong effect.
- Pour mixture into your tea diffuser.
- Hang from Showerhead for water diffusing effect and self-melting crystals or in nearby location for longer lasting aromatherapy.