Make this gluten free popcorn treat for a quick and healthy snack even in a hotel room.
When we’re traveling, we often stay in hotel rooms that only have a microwave and a sink. This creates some interesting challenges when we want something different to snack on.
Since we’re always in the mood for popcorn, we scoured the web for popcorn snacks. This was one of the gems we discovered. If you have the ingredients and a bowl, you can whip up these chocolate coated popcorn truffles super fast with just a microwave. Choose gluten free ingredients and this recipe is even healthier!
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup roasted and salted peanuts
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (see note below)
- ½ cup honey
- Stir popcorn and peanuts together in a large bowl; set aside.
- In microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips 10 seconds. Stir chips and repeat, stirring after each 10 seconds, until chips are melted. Warm honey in microwave 10 seconds and stir into chocolate until well blended.
- Pour chocolate mixture over popcorn mixture and stir until popcorn is evenly coated. Using a small ice cream scoop, push popcorn mixture into scoop and release onto wax paper to form ‘truffles’. Refrigerate until firm. Store truffles in an airtight container up to 5 days.